07 Oct Reminder: Law 4.2 Wearing of Headscarf
Just to advise that headscarves are now permitted under Law 4.2 Special Additional Items for Women.
Law 4.2 (c) Headscarves, providing they do not cause a danger to the wearer or other players and do not contravene Regulation 12.
Key points for referees:
- For safety and to help avoid accidental removal, the headscarf should be tucked inside the collar of the wearers jersey.
- The face must not be covered to aid recognition of suspected concussion.
- The headscarf must not have any sharp or abrasive components, Law 4.4 (b).
- Should headscarf become contaminated with blood it must be removed / replaced, Law 4.4 (a) & Law 4.6.
- Jewellery must not be worn underneath headscarf, Law 4.4 (d).
- “Scrum caps”, if worn, must be worn externally to headscarf.
- Inspection of players clothing is covered in Law 4.5.
- Grabbing / Pulling of the headscarf should be managed / sanctioned as a high tackle, Law 10.4 (e).